Export all faces to .watch files
This tutorial will explain how to export all your watch faces to .watch files.
- Take a backup of your BeautifulWatches directory and keep it somewhere safe !
- The script is meant to be launched from windows (should work from linux as well). If you need a perl interpreter to be installed, you can go ahead with this one: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl
- If you can’t access your BeautifulWatches directory from the PC when connected in mass storage, you will have to first copy it to your PC. To do so I recommend to zip it first (using ES Explorer for example) otherwise hidden files might not be copied (including all images...)
- Download the following script to your BeautifulWatches directory (same level as ‘watches’, ‘images’, ‘export’,…):https://www.dropbox.com/s/moo5s75ekoqtw35/export_all.pl?dl=0
- double-click export_all.pl
The output will look like that:
OK for export/Heuer_Camaro.watch
OK for export/Hublot_Skull_Bang.watch
OK for export/Heuer_Autavia_Viceroy.watch
OK for export/Nixon_Stormtrooper.watch
OK for export/Victorinox_Swiss_Army_Dim_redux.watch
Press ENTER to continue
Please note that :
- .watch files created in the export folder
- Only unlocked faces will be exported.
- No file will be overwritten : a suffix number is added to the filename if it already exists
- Any non-alphanumeric character will be replaced by “_”, except “-“ and “.”
For the demonstration I have made a backup of the watches folder and left only 3 files inside it.
double-click on export_all.pl
Inside the export folder you should find the following files:
If you have a problem, open the command prompt (WIN+R and type cmd). Type "perl -v", it should produce an output like on the following screenshot:
If the version of perl isn't display, you'll have to reinstall it. Now go to your BeautifulWatches directory by typing cd "c:\xxxx\yyyyy\BeautifulWatches", then type export_all.pl and see what happens: